What is CAS? It is Creativity, Action and Service whereby children are encouraged to participate in activities featuring all of the above, as well as come up with their own initiatives which allow their creativity, ability to take action and readiness to be of service to give back to the world.
The CAS programme aims to develop students who are:
- Reflective thinkers—they understand their own strengths and limitations identify goals and devise strategies for personal growth
- Willing to accept new challenges and new roles
- Aware of themselves as members of experienced communities with responsibilities towards each other and the environment
- Active participants in sustained, collaborative projects
- Balanced—they enjoy and find significance in a range of activities involving their intellectual, physical, creative and emotional skills
Apart from our children’s own initiatives, we have also tailor-made activities for them. In April our children go on a RAFTING TRIP, staying in camps and learning how to be in touch with nature.
A trip to MEWAT brings forth their compassionate side allowing them to be involved with the village there and its reconstruction.
In October our children visit NIGLAT participating in creative workshops involving art and craft as well as interacting with the villagers. They live out in the open and learn how to live on their own looking after their own daily needs independently.
They also interact with several NGO’s such as NAZ and MUSKAAN which encourage voluntary work for the special needs / intellectually challenged adults and for those who are infected with the HIV virus.